Executive Team | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Groove is a Baltimore based marketing agency with a focus on driving online results for our clients. We are an award winning agency with a national focus and named to the INC5000 list for being one of America's fasted growing companies. We also offer a great culture, and were voted one of "Top 15 Best Young Companies to Work for in America".
We are looking for a smart, forward thinking Controller to join us in our amazing location in Harbor East. Curious? This photo tour captures the essence our space and culture: http://groov.co/1aG87qr
Our Controller will be primarily responsible for understanding the status of projects and retainers as it relates to profitability, revenue recognition and A/R and WIP invoicing. The Controller will be the primary point of contact regarding all financial matters with our clients/venders and is held responsible for accurate and complete accounting, including general ledger and client finance monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting is performed, including general ledger (GL), accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records.
- Issue timely, accurate and complete financial statements
- Build and maintain reliable forecasting model
- Calculate, analyze and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Client revenue reconciliation analysis and reporting
- Coordinate external accounting and tax return preparation
- Build short and long-term strategic growth plans
- Client finance monthly reconciliations
- Ability to supervise staff and meet reporting deadlines
- 8+ years’ experience in accounting with increasing management responsibilities
- Experience with strategic planning and developing a long range financial forecast
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- 4+ years of prior agency accounting experience
- Strong ability to use Excel spreadsheets to organize/analyze and present financial data
- Bachelor's degree required
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Free Lunch Fridays
- Company Issued MacBook Pros
- 100% Paid Benefits for Groover’s
- Quarterly Social Events
- Creative and Collaborative Work Space
- Paid Vacation Time
- Office Wide Sonos
- Continuing Training and Education
- Free Soda’s and Snacks
How to Apply
Interested? Submit your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile at the link below! Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
No one outside US need apply. Baltimore/Washington area candidates only.