Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. We are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
Our products make high quality agricultural data available to everyone, including many of the world’s largest companies and non-government organizations, who rely on our data to understand and predict the availability and price of food on a global basis. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, then transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is rapidly building out our team to continue this mission.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Lead User Experience Researcher to join the Gro Intelligence headquarters in New York City.
The ideal Lead User Experience Researcher has a diverse design skill set, with strong understanding of product strategy and a passion for making complex information easy to understand visually, for a wide range of users like highly technical financial traders, to macro-thinking policymakers, strategic food and beverage sourcing managers on the hunt for new markets.
In addition to leading the user interaction research on the product, the lead designer will help develop the company's brand, and visual identity.
- Lead all UI/UX research for product, brand identity, and visual graphics
- Work with other designers to envision and iterate concept
- Create mockups and wireframes for product and website
- Work with product manager and engineers, delivering mocks and specifications
- Work directly with business development team to ensure product is optimized for existing users and being built for future users
- Compile research and create user flows
- Design ancillary visual materials including infographics, presentation graphics, and iconography
- Lead design team in developing a set of visual standards and documentation for our products
- 4+ years professional experience in web/UX design
- BA or BS in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are required)
- Experience designing and implementing complex UIs
- Experience in data visualization design
- Understanding of usability and user interaction principles
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Experience with new product design and/or start-ups
- Experience with data visualization or mapping software (Mapbox, CartoDB, d3js, etc)
- Experience with design collaboration and prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc)
- Specific coursework or continuing professional education in data visualization or user experience