User Experience Researcher
Design | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Gro’s growing Product Design team is seeking a full-time User Experience Researcher with a passion and hands-on ability to help turn complex data challenges into useful and usable technology experiences. As the first researcher on the team, you’ll have a big opportunity to influence and shape our research processes, and our team culture. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Design, PMs, Marketing, and other cross functional stakeholders to deepen our understanding of our users’ experience with our products and services.
- Become the champion of our users, their needs and goals in design and product conversations.
- Prioritize research needs and methods across multiple features and identify the right approach, scale, and scope to ensure results and actionable insights.
- Conduct end to end user research by adapting and innovating on research methods to meet product needs.
- Extract synthesize and summarize insights from your research sessions and turn them into actionable recommendations through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel,
- Deliver high-quality insights in a fast-paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across all digital touchpoints.
- Help your teammates understand research best practices and methodologies Assist in educating other team members
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant user research experience and specialize in generating actionable insights. (bonus if your experience includes tech startup, B2B or high-growth environments)
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of research methods including qualitative and quantitative data collection, user interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, diary studies, usability evaluation and split (A/B) testing.
- Experience using user testing platforms and related software (i.e. usertesting.com, userzoom, qualtrics, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to synthesize insights into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects and a willingness to learn on the job if need be.
You will thrive if:
- You enjoy building things from zero to one and beyond
- You want to bring consumer-level design to the B2B products
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are adaptable
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.