Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Join us as we transform agriculture by democratizing data. Our global team is ‘providing data, driving progress’ - establishing the informational infrastructure necessary to increase agricultural efficiency in Africa and beyond. Our platform aggregates, deciphers and analyzes complex agricultural data while creating informative visualizations. We’re creating the tools necessary for governments, investors, banks, farmers, agricultural input providers, and others to make better decisions—decisions that can make food cheap and abundant for everyone.
Gro Intelligence is backed by venture capital and seasoned commodity investors. We are at an exciting time of hyper-growth with US headquarters in New York City and international headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Our global team is diverse, hardworking, ambitious—and growing! We’re looking for outstanding, collaborative, data-loving software engineers for both offices.
We are hiring an experienced Software Engineer to join our US headquarters in New York City to:
- Be a part of the team developing the framework for a real-time integration platform that pulls data from a variety of sources
- Build the right abstractions and algorithms to optimize performance
- Write elegant code
- Work with back-end team to develop appropriate web services to support the front end UI
- Collaborate closely with the product team to roll-out world class products.
- Love for and excitement about innovation
- Ability to think outside the box and identify creative solutions
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with UX-server interactions, caching, ETL processes, stateful data.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, statistics, or related discipline, graduate degree is a plus. Individuals with equivalent working experience also qualify.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and diverse team
- Experience with databases and distributed systems
- Knowledge of machine learning and experience with geospatial data sets is a plus
- Highly skilled in PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- REST APIs
- HTML/CSS (working level)
- Git or distributed version control