Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is changing the way the world understands agriculture. Gro enables data discovery and access to predictive modeling at a scale never possible before. We’re a quickly-growing global team of agriculture, design, and technology lovers who believe that good agricultural data, like any other form of good infrastructure, helps societies thrive.
Our principles are simple: teach, ask, listen and always learn. We are looking for team members that can teach us, listen to what people have to say, ask the tough questions and most importantly be on a constant quest for knowledge.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer - DevOps to join our headquarters in New York City.
- Data storage architecture and optimization
- Performance optimization
- Software release process
- Develop large scale data harvesting and transformation systems
- Experience with cloud service (AWS, GCP, etc) and data center operations
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Large scale web service operations experience
- Very proficient in Python
- Experience designing large scale systems, parallel computing, distributed storage
- Bachelor's level degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field; or relevant work experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Understanding of relational databases and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Basic knowledge of Node.js