Internal Application: Senior Software Engineer - Data Visualization
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. We are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
Our products make high quality agricultural data available to everyone, including many of the world’s largest companies and non-government organizations, who rely on our data to understand and predict the availability and price of food on a global basis. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, then transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is rapidly building out our team to continue this mission.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer - Data Visualization to join our headquarters in New York City.
- Leading the development of high quality, high performance software
- Data API design and service implementation
- Implement sophisticated but easy-to-use data visualizations and interactions
- Technical leadership experience
- Strong UI implementation experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Experience with quantitative analysis products
- large scale systems, parallel computing, distributed storage
- Understanding of relational databases and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Graduate degree / Research experience