Senior Research Analyst
Research and analysis | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. We are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
Our products make high quality agricultural data available to everyone, including many of the world’s largest companies and non-government organizations, who rely on our data to understand and predict the availability and price of food on a global basis. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, then transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is rapidly building out our team to continue this mission.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Senior Research Analyst to join the Gro Intelligence office in New York City.
- Writing analytical insights on topics related to food and agriculture
- Leading special projects and initiatives
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data about market fundamentals to forecast trends in agricultural commodities
- Working closely with product and engineering teams in the design and implementation of new features as well as solving technical obstacles related to data sources
- Keeping abreast of industry-related news
- Collaborating with the business development team on client specific projects
- Responding to user questions and requests
5+ years of relevant fundamental research experience in agricultural commodities space
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to perform and synthesize quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Broad knowledge of agricultural data sources and uses
- Comfort with working with large volumes of data
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles and strong communication and leadership skills
Team management experience
- Degree in a technical field
- Proficiency in a second language
- Coding/programming/data management skills and proficiencies