Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. We are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
Our products make high quality agricultural data available to everyone, including many of the world’s largest companies and non-government organizations, who rely on our data to understand and predict the availability and price of food on a global basis. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, then transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is rapidly building out our team to continue this mission.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
We are hiring a Sales Engineer to join the Gro Intelligence headquarters in New York City. As an integral part of the Gro sales team, SEs help qualify and close opportunities and provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations of Gro’s product suite.
Gro is seeking a Sales Engineer to support demos and evaluations of sales opportunities. SEs have an ability to connect Gro’s product features and functions explicitly to customers’ business challenges, a strong acumen for problem solving and a superior customer focus. SEs also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners. As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for evangelizing and positioning Gro as the go-to source for agricultural intelligence across Gro’s target customer segments. You will be accountable for revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and supporting day-to-day account-level activities.
- Deliver technical presentations and support demos of the Gro web application
- Demonstrate technical expertise and act as internal Gro product expert while supporting the sales team in both pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Answer technical questions and provide consultative recommendations to customers
- Work with sales team to provide direction and strategy for responding to client requests for proposals. Help coordinate internal efforts with Gro segment leads, product development and engineering teams to provide a cohesive team approach.
- Assist in managing software trials and "Proof of Concept" evaluations
- Generate necessary CRM reports around both wins and losses and complete administrative duties in a timely fashion
- Keep informed on industry trends and products as required by the business
- Gather knowledge and voice of customer insights across Gro customer industries to best position Gro in a targeted, compelling and differentiated manner
- Assist the sales force with value added consultation services and additional sales support related duties as required
- A positive, can-do attitude. Successful candidates are gritty and resilient.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Sales Engineer for a SaaS product
- Solid foundational knowledge of sales processes and best practices
- Demonstrated experience translating software features and benefits into clear customer value propositions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Work well under pressure with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals
- Experience in the agribusiness, food and beverage or consulting industries is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top university, an advanced degree is a plus
Perks of working at Gro:
- Corporate Seamless account – lunch paid for daily
- Flexible and fun start-up environment
- Access to full health benefits