Research and analysis | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is changing the way the world understands agriculture. Our cloud-based software, Clews enables data discovery and access to predictive modeling at a scale never possible before. We’re a quickly-growing global team of agriculture, design, and technology lovers who believe that good agricultural data, like any other form of good infrastructure, helps societies thrive.
Our principles are simple: teach, ask, listen and always learn. We are looking for team members that can teach us, listen to what people have to say, ask the tough questions and most importantly be on a constant quest for knowledge.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Research Analyst to join the Gro Intelligence headquarters in New York City.
- Develop in depth understanding of data sources in Clews by participating in the research and ontology development process with the engineering team
- Writing analytical insights on topics related to food and agriculture
- Keeping abreast of industry-related news
- Working with the engineering team on solving technical obstacles related to data sources
- Developing and contributing to Gro’s social media content
- Collaborating with the business development team on client specific projects
- Responding to user questions and requests
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to perform and synthesize quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Comfort with working with large volumes of data
- Strong data visualization skills
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles and strong communication and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Degree in a technical field
- Ag domain specific knowledge
- Proficiency in a second language