Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. We are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
Our products make high quality agricultural data available to everyone, including many of the world’s largest companies and non-government organizations, who rely on our data to understand and predict the availability and price of food on a global basis. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, then transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is rapidly building out our team to continue this mission.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team member for the position of Product Manager. The Product Management team works cross-functionally to help achieve Gro's vision. We are responsible for our product from strategy to execution, and we contribute to a great product alongside our engineers, founders, sales team, and other PMs. We drive more than just the work: from process improvements to influencing our product roadmap, we take part in every step of development—and continue tracking our work even after launch. As a key member of our New York office, you will be one of the core people empowered and responsible for the team's overall success.
- Drive product development — from conception to launch — of new products built on top of Gro’s marketing leading agriculture intelligence platform
- Work closely with Gro’s customers (which include many of the most prominent names in corporate agribusiness, financial services, consulting, and the public sector) to constantly improve our product based on their needs.
- Support Gro’s engineering team throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact quality of service and on-time delivery
- Partner with Gro’s Customer Success team to monitor and evaluate the success of ongoing client engagements
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals
- Develop a deep understanding of customers by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- 3+ years of experience in product management roles, ideally for companies building data enterprise software (e.g. financial services, online advertising, business intelligence, etc)
- Prior experience in all aspects of product management across a matrixed organization, managing the every aspect of the process from inception through public launch
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders
- Analytical chops and know-how in building data-driven decision and measurement systems
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- Successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- Deep intuition and passion for product
- Technical background preferred