Front End Developer
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Join us as we transform agriculture by democratizing data. Our global team is ‘providing data, driving progress’ — establishing the informational infrastructure necessary to increase agricultural efficiency in Africa and beyond. Our platform aggregates, deciphers and analyzes complex agricultural data while creating informative visualizations. We’re creating the tools necessary for governments, investors, banks, farmers, agricultural input providers, and others to make better decisions—decisions that can make food cheap and abundant for everyone.
Gro Intelligence is backed by venture capital and seasoned commodity investors. We are at an exciting time of hyper-growth with US headquarters in New York City and international headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Our global team is diverse, hardworking, ambitious—and growing! We’re looking for outstanding, collaborative, data-loving front end developers!
We are hiring a Front End Developer to join the Gro Intelligence US headquarters in New York City to:
- Developing a highly interactive, responsive front-end UI with dynamic data visualization.
- Bridging the gap between UX/Interaction Designer and back-end application development team, working closely with each to develop UX flows and interactions and integrating them seamlessly and accurately with back-end application data.
- Working with Back-end Application Developers to develop appropriate web services to support the front end UI.
- Working with UX/Interaction Designer and Product Designers to develop and plan the roll-out of application features.
- Testing UI across multiple browsers and platforms.
- Creative web developer with an interest in UX and interaction
- Conceptual. Understands the big picture, the value of UX/interaction to users and shareholders
- Up to speed with modern UX flows, able to contribute to UX discussions with interaction and product designers
- Understands the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; more feature oriented, less function oriented
- Critical thinker, can look at a UX problem or design and conceptually grasp the technical requirements
- Detail-oriented. Eye for design, but not necessarily a designer
- Clean, organized, sensible coding practices. Sensible naming conventions.
- Finesse. Polished work.
- Innovator, or gets excited about innovation, rather than intimidated
- Experience with agile methodology / iterative development. Understands the value of 'features' versus 'components'
- Experience with data visualizations very helpful (or mapping), or at least experience with front end systems that deal with large amounts of data
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with financial clients helpful
- Experience building web applications start to finish preferred
- HTML/CSS, latest (highly skilled)
- Python (working knowledge)
- Version control (Git)
- Adobe photoshop, to work with mockups
- Responsive Design
- Web Services (RESTful)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience
- svg/vector graphics
- Mobile/tablet web app development