Executive Assistant to the CEO
Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. We are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
Our products make high quality agricultural data available to everyone, including many of the world’s largest companies and non-government organizations, who rely on our data to understand and predict the availability and price of food on a global basis. We do this by standardizing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, then transforming it into actionable knowledge for large corporate agribusinesses, financial institutions, consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, and the financial backing of prominent investors including TPG Growth and Data Collective, Gro is rapidly building out our team to continue this mission.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Coordinate the schedule of CEO, prioritizing functions and appointments, ensuring that meetings, deadlines presentations and other duties are carried out seamlessly and on schedule.
- Make travel arrangements, coordinate flights, accommodations and other itinerary specifics.
- Serve as the liaison between the CEO and staff as well as outside contacts such as vendors, press, legal, etc.
- Assist with event planning
- Excellent writing skills required to draft correspondence, presentations and even press materials and announcements as directed by CEO
- Gatekeeping is a significant responsibility of the executive assistant - you must position yourself between the public, clients and customers, staff members and CEO
- Schedule meetings, attend and record the minutes accurately
- Conserve executives' time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence
- Draft emails, letters and documents on behalf of CEO
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- 4+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experienced at complex calendar management, over multiple time zones
- Experienced at complex flight arrangements
- Able to be on call over the weekend
- Ability to take the initiative and get things done
- Very smart, very quick and very thoughtful
- Ability to adapt to many scenarios and prioritize accordingly
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides