Content | New York, NY | Full Time
Gro Intelligence is changing the way the world understands agriculture. Our cloud-based software, Clews, enables data discovery and access to predictive modeling at a scale never possible before. We’re a quickly-growing global team of agriculture, design, and technology lovers who believe that good agricultural data, like any other form of good infrastructure, helps societies thrive.
Our principles are simple: teach, ask, listen and always learn. We are looking for team members that can teach us, listen to what people have to say, ask the tough questions and most importantly be on a constant quest for knowledge.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. We are hiring a Content Strategist to join the Gro Intelligence headquarters in New York City.
While at our core we are a technology company, we strongly believe that the ability to tell stories well using data is critical. The Content Strategist will essentially serve as the Editor-in-Chief of Gro’s weekly Insights, blog, and other narrative content. Successful candidates are hybrids between writers and data scientists that can tell great data-driven stories.
- Creating content strategies that support growth of the company
- Auditing Gro’s extensive existing content to leverage for company’s growth strategy
- Creating content roadmaps and content matrixes
- Creating tagging taxonomies linked to Gro’s ontology
- Writing/editing top quality short-form and long-form content, including Insights, infographics, blogs, scripts, etc.
- Developing an understanding of Gro’s target user base and the type of information they are searching for
- Managing relationships with journalists at trade journals and digital media organizations
- Managing and maintaining editorial style guidelines
- Planning for future content needs and editorial directions based on data
- Developing copy for all Gro products
- Developing and contributing to Gro’s social media presence
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Ability to switch between short form copy to long form complex data-centric content
- Ability to communicate complex issues compellingly and alluringly, using accessible language
- Ability to perform and synthesize quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong data visualization skills
- Comfort working with large volumes of complex data and finding stories to tell from them
- Highly detail-oriented
- Creative thinking
- A self-starter, ability to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles and strong communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- At least two years of experience in content development at a technology company
- Academic background in a technical field