Regional Advertising Sales Representative – South Florida (Miami
Sales | Miami, FL | Full Time
Regional Advertising Sales Representative – South Florida (Miami & Fort Lauderdale areas)
We are searching for Regional Ad Sales representative located in the Miami & Fort Lauderdale marketplaces. The Regional Ad Sales Rep will be calling on local businesses within the assigned region. This challenging position will involve the process of identifying potential new local advertising partners, obtaining advertisement contracts from these partners, and maintaining current advertising partner relationships in a large geographic area. This individual will be highly independent, working alone and with other members of the ad sales team as needed. Knowledge of localities is useful, as location-based ads will be necessary. Experience with print, web and/or mobile ad sales is highly preferred, as well as a functional knowledge of common advertising and marketing principles. Compensation is includes competitive base salary, commission, benefits and equity.
Based in Hollywood, California, Grindr is a highly successful mobile application dedicated to finding new ways for people to connect, with millions of users worldwide and growing daily. Our mobile applications use cutting-edge technology to help users make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Grindr is a location-based; proximity-based mobile apps that determine your location and instantly connects you with nearby friends. The application works on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry devices. It’s fast, fun, and easy to use —offering profiles, photos, and stats at a touch. And unlike other social networks, Grindr is mobile and works based on your location. Grindr services the gay community See more at Grindr.com. We make social networking social!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers in order to sell new advertising programs, and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts, locating and contacting potential clients in order to offer advertising services.
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.
- Draw up contracts for advertising work, gather all relevant material for bid processes, and coordinate bidding and contract approval.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Recommend appropriate formats for advertising, depending on advertising goals.
- Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork, and provide samples.
- Obtain and study information about clients’ products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices in order to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Determine advertising medium to be used, and prepare sample advertisements within the selected medium for presentation to customers.
- Consult with company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies in order to develop promotional plans.
- Write copy as part of layout.
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, and training seminars in order to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge.
- Write sales outlines for use by staff.
- Identify and resolve concerns and sales discrepancies.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- A college degree in communication, advertising, marketing, or mass media is preferred but not required.
- Sales experience and knowledge of advertising/marketing principles and concepts
- Friendly and outgoing, with excellent communication skills (including writing and public speaking)
- Ability to learn quickly and work well with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously under deadlines.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with little supervision.
- Excellent customer service ethic and high quality of work.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Proficient with the latest versions of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and Google Docs.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects
- The applicant will preferably be a Grindr user and familiar with social networking sites in general.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or similar types of marketing/sales devices.