Computational Design | London | Full Time
Grimshaw's London studio is seeking a passionate and talented VR/AR specialist to support our architectural project teams through the development and use of virtual reality and augmented reality for design review, feedback and stakeholder engagement.
The successful candidate will work with project design teams to determine their VR/AR requirements, develop solutions based on these needs, and guide and train teams in their ongoing use. This work will range from high end headsets such as HTC Vive and Microsoft Hololens, through to mobile solutions for both Android and iOS.
Additional responsibilities will include promoting and encouraging the use of VR across the studio, and contributing the VR/AR strategy across the Grimshaw network as part of the Design Technology department. The candidate will also work closely with the rest of the DT team including computational and BIM specialists, to collaborate on common themes, and with Grimshaw's in-house graphics team to create custom user interfaces.
At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity and innovation and you can expect to work in vibrant and fast paced environment. For all of our roles, strong communication skills and appreciation of Grimshaw design ethos are crucial.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Initiative and proactive working methodology
- Degree or equivalent qualification in game design, architecture or computer science
- 3 years experience in virtual and/or augmented reality technologies
Required technical skills
- Experience in VR/AR development including SteamVR SDK, Hololens SDK
- Experience in mobile VR/AR development including ARkit, ARCore
- Experience in 3D modelling software such as McNeel Rhinoceros and 3Ds Max
- Experience in game design, level design
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.