Computational Design | London | Full Time
Grimshaw is seeking a passionate and talented software developer to join the Grimshaw Design Technology team, developing custom software solutions across the global Grimshaw network.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in realising Grimshaw’s Design Technology agenda, focussing on data-driven design and emerging technologies. Working alongside specialists in BIM, Computational Design, VR/AR and data analysis, the software developer will develop custom software and tools in areas including:
- Design platform interoperability
- Custom BIM and Computational Design toolsets
- VR and AR interfaces
- AI and machine learning
- Web-based dashboards
- Data analytics
- Custom applications
- Contribute to the global Grimshaw Design Technology agenda through targeted and strategic development initiatives
- Work alongside Design Technology teams to identify opportunities for custom development
- Develop and augment the capabilities of the Grimshaw Design Technology and architectural teams through the development of custom software and tools.
- Represent the work of Design Technology through internal engagement with Grimshaw design teams and externally through industry engagement and community participation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design, Computer Science, or related subject
- Proven experience developing custom BIM and Computational Design solutions (Revit API, Rhino API, etc.)
- Proficiency in C#, Python, Java, etc.
- Ability to clearly articulate advanced concepts in an easily understandable manner
- Initiative and proactive working methodology, both individually and as part of a team.
- Experience developing in an architectural or engineering practice
- Experience with McNeel, Autodesk, Bentley or Dassault platforms
- Experience with web development
- Experience with open-source development
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered for the successful candidate.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed.
Talk to us about flexible working
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.