Environmental Performance Specialist
Design Technology | London | Full Time
Grimshaw's London studio is looking for a passionate and talented Environmental Performance Specialist to support project teams in the application of environmental performance expertise on projects, promote the use of appropriate tools and workflows, and contribute to the wider environmental performance capabilities of Grimshaw.
For this role we are particularly interested in candidates with knowledge of lifecycle assessment (LCA) and the related toolsets.
This role is primarily focussed on supporting projects, with the successful candidate contributing to project environmental performance discussions, exploring and developing opportunities for Design Technology and Sustainability, as well as contributing towards the studio DT and SG strategies. An Environmental Performance Specialist is relied upon to have extensive knowledge in their area(s) of expertise, and may also represent Grimshaw externally.
Core responsibilities of the role will cover project-enabling activities including ongoing at-desk support and training, providing ongoing advice to project teams regarding environmental performance, and taking on project workflows that may be beyond the skills of project teams. Additional responsibilities will include contributing to studio DT and SG initiatives, documenting exemplar work and contributing to global DT knowledge repositories.
The Grimshaw Design Technology team offers a vibrant and varied environment. For all our roles, a methodical approach problem-solving is required, as well as the ability to be self-organising with the ability to prioritise and balance workloads. Candidates must be able to clearly articulate advanced concepts in a way that team members of all levels can understand.
- Proficient knowledge of Autodesk Revit or other relevant BIM authoring packages.
- Proficient knowledge of Rhino.
- Knowledge of Grasshopper and Dyname is beneficial.
- Knowledge of LCA analysis software such as OneClick LCA.
- Knowledge of environmental performance simulation tools such as Ladybug tools or DIVA is beneficial.
- Knowledge of programming with C#, VB, or Python is beneficial.
- Degree in architecture, engineering, architectural technology, or another relevant subject.
- Master's degree in sustainable design, environmental performance, building science, or other related subject is beneficial.
- LEED or WELL accreditation is beneficial.
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience applying environmental performance concepts.
- Experience with collaborative research projects is beneficial.
For all of our roles, strong communication skills and an understanding and appreciation of our design ethos are crucial.
We are committed as a practice to achieving only net-zero carbon ready designs by 2025: sustainability is at the core of all our work, regardless of location. All our staff are expected to help us realise this ambition by engaging in training and discourse.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can reach their potential and succeed.
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK