Architectural | Los Angeles | Full Time | From $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
We are currently seeking Architects to join our Los Angeles studio. Our ideal candidate is a great designer, highly motivated, well organized, thoughtful, and has experience working as part of a design team on large projects. The candidate will have good communication skills, enjoys working collaboratively with others, and is reliable, trustworthy and detail-oriented.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the design of projects at different phases
- Work as part of a team, coordinating your work and skills with other team members and under the guidance and direction of the project leader
- Help to resolve design and technical challenges
- Engage with Grimshaw’s other design and engineering consultants
- Exhibit a passion and strive for design excellence
- Help contribute to the life of the studio; studio-wide initiatives and challenges; our design and sustainability culture; and the broader social and wellness culture at Grimshaw.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent 5-year professional degree in Architecture from an accredited school required
- 4 to 9 years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in Revit is essential
- Working knowledge of Rhino is prioritized
- Working knowledge of Grasshopper useful
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clear design ideas and direction quickly
- Experience of working collaboratively in mid to large sized teams
- Experience of designing net-zero carbon projects
- Experience in Transportation, Workspace, Science and Technology sectors strongly prioritized
- Experience in Hospitality, Residential and Sports sectors also valuable
- Experience in working in a team, and contributing to the design of large projects is prioritized
Applications will not be considered without a portfolio and work samples
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.