Customer Service Representative
Sales | Brisbane, CA | Full Time
Greenleaf, Bay Area’s leading produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and retailers is now hiring at our new state of the art warehouse in Brisbane. We are looking for energetic and experienced people to join our team NOW!
The Customer Service Department is responsible for providing excellent service for our customers. On a daily basis, the customer service department answers questions and products and services, and processes orders via phone, email and online. In addition, the department resolves customers’ issues with a positive outcome and on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide the highest level of service to our customers, ensuring customers receive answers to their questions in a timely manner and resolving all issues.
- Accurately receive, process and invoice customer orders in a timely manner.
- Provide detailed product information to customers, which will support them buying the right product to fit their needs.
- During live calls, engage the customer using suggestive selling with the goal of increasing the order size.
- Maintain productivity, accuracy and team performance metrics.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one year experience in a high volume customer service department environment.
- Capability to work in a fast paced, metrics-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain a team atmosphere.
- Exceptional customer focus and customer service skills.
- Capable to influence others, even when the position does not have direct authority.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
Embraces change Takes initiative
Use of good judgment Active listening
Flexible High integrity and ethics
Team oriented Ability to develop others
Business Process Improvement Strong follow up skills
Self motivated Root Cause Analysis
Reasoning ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY/TOOLS: Fax machine, copier, personal computer, telephone, long distance radio, Microsoft Word/Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 30% of time is spent on feet and 70% sitting at desk.
2. Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
3. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
4. Lifting/carrying over 50 pounds occasionally, and less than 30 pounds frequently.
5. Vision requirements: constant need to complete forms, read reports, view computer screen.
6. Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate over telephone and in person.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The temperature level varies between 30 and 40 degrees when working inside coolers.