Dispensary | Melrose Park, IL | Full Time and Part Time
Greenhouse is an inviting family of hometown cannabis dispensaries where passionate associates connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. We offer a curated selection of high-quality products, personalized service, and a warm, welcoming vibe that invites people to stay longer and return often. In addition to selling trusted products, we host a wide range of wellness and educational events to help our customers live a safe, healthy lifestyle. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
We are looking for customer service-oriented and driven candidates to join one of our new recreational cannabis dispensaries. This team-member is a motivated, friendly and passionate team member who assists in every day-to-day responsibility throughout the retail space. The is a person who strives provide a genuine experience to customers with professionalism, poise and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role. The associate will support the retail operations by keeping working areas in a clean and orderly.
- Train for and adapt to several roles in the dispensary to meet day-to-day requirements: greeting fellow staff and customers, waiting room service, checkout service and sanitary management are areas of proficiency.
- Maintain an overall clean and organized environment to assist fellow staff members
- Assist team members with preorders or curb side pick up
- Adhere to and promote a culture of compliance as it pertains to state and company regulations.
- Assist and support team members with positivity and proactivity in all day-to-day matters.
- Managing time and respecting protocol under fast-paced retail conditions are a must.
- Respect rules, guidelines and company standards at all times.
- Frequently ascend/descend a 15-stair staircase in order to move store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Familiarity with IL Medical Cannabis Program rules and regulations.
- Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check and any other requirement listed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members and managers.
- Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems.
- A fundamental understanding of cannabinoids and their effects on the body is preferred.
- Customer service and/or retail experience.
- A passion for cannabis that is translatable to a diverse group of ages, ethnicities and professionals.
- Arranges and maintains boxes and product in a neat and orderly manner.
- Cleans lint, dust, and sanitizes high touch point areas of the dispensary from counters displays and racking
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, and other work areas as needed
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Support and contribute to the overall goals of the facility.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
- Able to meet goals under tight time constraints.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers and management.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change at any time. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Greenhouse we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain.
Greenhouse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.