Dispensary Assistant Manager
Dispensary | Northbrook, IL | Full Time
Greenhouse is an inviting family of hometown cannabis dispensaries where passionate associates connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. We offer a curated selection of high-quality products, personalized service, and a warm, welcoming vibe that invites people to stay longer and return often. In addition to selling trusted products, we host a wide range of wellness and educational events to help our customers live a safe, healthy lifestyle. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
We are looking for a detail oriented Dispensary Assistant Manager to assist in planning and managing all aspects of day to day tasks in our flagship cannabis dispensary. The Dispensary Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in managing personnel, customer relations, inventory and the daily ebb and flow of all store related matters while adhering to strict state guidelines and regulations. You will communicate effectively with all levels of the location to implement and maintain deals, protocols, policies and procedures in accordance with company standards.
· Learn the ins and outs of the point of sale system.
· Review and assist in receiving all deliveries with diligence and accuracy and in accordance with company and state regulations.
· Create effective organization and information gathering for all inventory regarding special orders, employee samples and weekly deals.
· Track various sales metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Regularly train staff according to company guidelines.
· Assist in conducting nightly and monthly inventory audits in accordance with company and state guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory, and effectively respond to discrepancies. (This is a zero-shrinkage business, any shrinkage must be reported to the state.)
· Prepare and effectively lead state inspectors through unannounced inspections.
· Maintain records for all necessary documents: delivery and inventory manifests, nightly and monthly inventory counts, necessary employee and patient/customer information, log books, inventory adjustments and destruction reports.
· 3 years’ or more of successful experience in a retail management position.
·Familiarity with Illinois Cannabis Program rules and regulations regarding dispensary management.
· Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check and any other requirement listed.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems.
· Working knowledge of inventory and sales reports.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Greenhouse we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Greenhouse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.