Sales and Operations Manager
n/a | Portsmouth, NH
The Green Alliance is a growing community of close to 100 green businesses and thousands of eco-conscious consumers connecting to build a sustainable local economy.
We authenticate local green businesses through a rigorous sustainability certification process that makes the Green Alliance a trusted brand among consumers who care about the Earth. We promote our partnering businesses via a mix of traditional and online marketing, PR, and our popular Green Card program. Consumers who join receive exclusive discounts on eco-friendly products and services.
Our small but dedicated staff operates out of our headquarters located in historic downtown Portsmouth, NH. Our core mission is to encourage the use of sustainable products and services, while promoting businesses that are doing their part to protect the environment.
To help the Green Alliance achieve our vision for growth, we are seeking a long term:
Office Manager: 32 hours per week, $11 per hour
As Office Manager, you will be responsible for managing relationships with the Green Alliance's ever expanding consumer and business membership. We are looking for an outgoing, energetic, and optimistic individual who both works well independently and thrives in a team environment. The ideal candidate will also understand the realities of working for a growing small business powered by a little budget and a whole lot of entrepreneurial spirit.
Strong writing abilities, basic computer skills, and some customer service experience are a must. The perfect candidate will also be well organized and have a knack for improving the efficiency of business operations.
A passion for the environment and social responsibility are also a must. This is not a “punch-the-clock” position but rather, the ideal candidate will be self motivate to go the extra mile.
While the Green Alliance's mission and work are pretty unique, we do prefer candidates with experience suited to the following duties:
- Process new membership and renewal orders online, over the phone, and in person on a daily basis
- Update customer info in Salesforce, MailChimp
- Create engaging marketing and email campaigns to increase renewal rates, and convert non-members to members
- Promote upcoming Green Alliance events
- Independently respond to inquiries from customers and website visitors
- Develop new methods for improving member retention
- Evaluate businesses for sustainability certification
- Write content highlighting the achievements of local green businesses
- Regularly update Green Alliance website
- Identify and engage prospective business partners in the Green Alliance
- Actively participate in planning the future of our organization
Green Alliance is a community focused, interactive organization. As such, the best candidate will be someone who:
- Enjoys engaging people in conversation in individual & large group settings
- Has an good sense of humor
- Works to complete tasks quickly and effectively, without sacrificing quality
- Understands the basics of marketing and sales
- Writes creatively for print and online applications, in a way that gets noticed
- Is knowledgeable about sustainability
Benefits include paid time off, flex time, and professional development opportunities.
Ready to take on the challenges of becoming the Green Alliance's new Office Manager?
Please apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume.
Resumes sent through other channels (via email) will not be processed. We are seeking to fill this position by March 13, 2012 at the latest.
No Agencies / No Sponsorship available/ No relocation available.