Inventory Control Manager - Cannabis
Retail | Las Vegas, NV | Full Time
The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for the oversight of key inventory compliance-related activities affecting the ongoing establishment and maintenance of Gravitas Nevada Ltd, which includes Policies and Procedures, Training and Education, Communication and Reporting, Internal Monitoring, Inventory Control, and Auditing. This position will have direct reports and be responsible for ensuring compliance and proper inventory control to meet Company needs
This position includes working with Cannabis and Cannabis infused products. The ideal candidate enjoys working with numbers and details, can work both independently as well as part of a team, and managing inventory team for a vertically integrated cannabis company.
Specific responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Monitors chain of custody of Cannabis through departments within each facility
- Executes inventory transfers and reassigns location within State Monitoring System (METRC)
- Monitors Inventory movement within METRC and Internal tracking systems
- Manages cycle count programs to maintain inventory balance
- Information reporting to Department Managers
- Researches production history to determine the source of inventory variances and order filling errors
- Analyzes and monitors inventory adjustments
- Effectively queries inventory and all order-related transaction history
- Ensures proper classification and storage of inventory
- Ensures compliance with State Regulations
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for the selection training of the Inventory Control Associates, Leads and Managers
- Establishes self as highly credible leader with highest levels of integrity, and always acts in the best interests of the property and the company
- Vast understanding and knowledge of Nevada Regulations-(NCCR, NRS and NAC)
- Knowledge and oversight of all compliance rulings in relation to inventory within the company
- Enhance/implement infrastructure to support existing and future needs
- Maintain inventory compliance plan and system to ensure regulatory compliance at state and local levels
- Partner with Retail, Cultivation and Production departments to provide regulatory guidance in relation to the inventory systems and controls
- Revise policies and create new policies to foster a culture of inventory compliance
- Assist legal department with alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Maintain a system for uniform handling of such violations
- Develop an effective inventory systems and training program(s) to track all company inventory assets, including appropriate introductory training for new employees, as well as ongoing training for all associates, leads and managers
Other duties may be assigned. The duties listed here are typical examples of the work performed; not all duties assigned are included, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty.
- Minimum age of 21 years
- Minimum 3 year of experience in Inventory
- Associate degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve inventory issues effectively and efficiently.
- Cannabis, Pharmaceutical and/or Inventory management experience preferred
Other Skills and Qualifications
Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in order to manage the diverse tasks and interact with the varied constituencies involved in the organization.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Interface.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance.
Must complete and submit an Agent Application Fingerprint Submission form.
Must obtain a Cultivation, Distribution, Production and Retail Agent Cards.
Must have reliable transportation and be available to travel to various locations if needed. Travel may be required on a local, regional, or national level for Production activities and or to attend conferences/workshops related to the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand, use hands, and to talk or hear. Ability to stoop, bend over, lift up to 50 pounds, reach up high to grab and move inventory, carry item up/downstairs, climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time. The employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Prolonged sitting or standing may be required: typically, 8 hours. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility normally associated with production will be performed on a repetitive basis. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work under stressful conditions, as well as irregular hours, may be required. Exposure to toxic substances and other conditions common to a cultivation, production and retail environment may routinely be encountered.
Pay and Benefit Information
Pay range $40k-$55k DOE. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, employee discounts on retail purchases, birthday and anniversary gifts, company swag and more!