Cultivation Associate - Floor
Cultivation | Las Vegas, NV | Full Time
Gravitas Nevada, Ltd., a respected cannabis company with retail, cultivation and manufacturing operations in Nevada, is looking for a Cultivation Associate for our State Flower Cannabis Brand. This is a fantastic opportunity for proficient marijuana cultivators who are enthusiastic and passionate about the industry to join our team.
Specific responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Manage cannabis plants, and tasks via the designated inventory management system.
- Give each individual plant the attention it needs, one at a time, while paying close attention to detail.
- Follow grow warehouse protocols and nutrient regiments.
- Perform all the tasks in the grow including; cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar, and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal, cleaning and inventory management.
- Maintain knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options, seeking continuing education as directed by the Head of Cultivation.
- Clone vegetation maintaining at least a 90% success rate.
- Carries out Nutrient regiments, and IPM protocols.
- Employ essential growing methods.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of PH, PPM and EC counts.
- Mastery of Soil growing methods including micro-nutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation.
- Working knowledge in container systems with soil and hydro as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Strains-- Sativa, Indica and Hybrids. Maintain knowledge of growth characteristics, nutrient needs, and environmental needs of individual strains.
- Lift up to 50+ plus pounds and stand for long hours.
- May be required to lift boxes, plants, tools and various heavy implements.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed and takes steps to update any outdated procedures.
- Has the ability to deal with problems and resolve them in a professional manner.
- Is able to maintain accurate information of the cultivation process in METRC.
- Practices strong analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Communicates issues that may arise immediately to the Head of Cultivation, and Cultivation Leads, keeping them aware of any and all potential problems.
- Execute preventative maintenance, warding against mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, and other dangers to the plant.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and organized work areas.
- Maintains the safety and inventory of the cultivation space.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment. Keep every tool or implement used in its appropriate place. Return items to where they belong, upon completion of a task.
- Perform facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Assist Head of Cultivation and Leads in maintaining OSHA standards, safety, and protocols
- Don proper PPE in the cultivation space, at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule; must be available for overtime during harvest period.
Other duties may be assigned. The duties listed here are typical examples of the work performed; not all duties assigned are included, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty.
- Previous experience working with plants, plant disease and pests is desired
- CULTIVATION agent card will be required
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work, days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Proven ability to maintain consistency in a fast paced, hardworking, high-stress environment
- High attention to detail with ability to scout for disease and pests is required
- Ability to work in ever changing physical conditions
- Must possess a can-do attitude and be able to work with a team
- Able to obtain required Agent Card for Cultivation at time of hire and submit personal information for licensing and fingerprinting
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Other Skills and Qualifications
Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in order to manage the diverse tasks and interact with the varied constituencies involved in the organization. Local cannabis experience preferred, but not required. Experience with trimming and packaging helpful!
Proficient in Excel, Word, Google Interface, other software applications.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance.
Must complete and submit an Agent Application Fingerprint Submission form. Must obtain a Cultivation Agent Card.
Must have reliable transportation and be available to travel to various locations if needed. Travel may be required on a local, regional, or national level for cultivation activities and or to attend conferences/workshops related to the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand, use hands, and to talk or hear. Ability to stoop, bend over, lift up to 50lbs, reach up high to grab and move inventory, carry item up/downstairs, climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time. The employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Prolonged sitting or standing may be required, 8 hours plus. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility normally associated with production will be performed on a repetitive basis. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.