Cannabis Cultivation Floor Manager
Cultivation | Las Vegas, NV | Full Time
Gravitas Nevada, Ltd., a respected cannabis company with retail, cultivation and manufacturing operations in Nevada and California, is looking for a passionate professional with prior industry experience to join our cultivation team. This is a fantastic opportunity for cannabis professionals looking to expand their garden expertise and polish their leadership skills.
Specific responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of cultivation floor.
- Vegetative Plants - adept in the techniques of the vegetative cycle, to include trimming, topping, feeding schedules, plant manipulation, plant health and IPM strategy.
- Mother Plants - skilled in the techniques of the vegetative cycle, to include trimming, topping, feeding schedules, plant manipulation, plant health and IPM strategy.
- Cloning/clone care – adept in proper procedures, cloning techniques, and IPM strategy.
- Flowering Rooms – knowledge of flowering time schedules, canopy manipulation, room maintenance, and IPM strategy.
- Fertigation Room – thorough understanding of nutrients, irrigation system, feeding schedule, proper PPM, EC, and PH levels, and NPK ratios.
- Drying and Cure Room – thorough understanding of dry room environment and cure room procedures.
- Thorough understanding of grow room environment and environmental controls.
- Work closely with the General Manager of Cultivation to set daily, weekly, and monthly tasks for all areas of cultivation.
- Ensure all state compliance requirements are followed correctly.
- Ensure all departmental SOP’s are followed correctly.
- Responsible for obtaining job specific certifications, such as a Restricted Use Pesticide Certification/Spray Applicator License.
- Monitor employee attendance, start of shifts, breaks, and end of shifts. Report any issues to the General Manager of Cultivation.
- Communicate effectively via email.
- Use of Google Drive for all pertinent information.
- Work with management to assure all steps are being taken to assure company compliance with the State. Report any issues to the General Manager - Cultivation immediately.
- Identify plant pests and other issues, spotting issues before they become a problem.
- Follow proper sanitation and PPE protocols.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
Other duties may be assigned. The duties listed here are typical examples of the work performed; not all duties assigned are included, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty.
- Minimum age of 21 years
- 1+ years of work experience in a cultivation facility
- Thorough knowledge of METRC
- Working knowledge of cannabis
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to sit and or stand for an extended amount of time
- Able to work 40 hours a week
Other Skills and Qualifications
Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to manage the diverse tasks and interact with the varied constituencies involved in the organization.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Google Interface, other software applications.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance.
Must complete and submit an Agent Application Fingerprint Submission form. Must obtain a Cultivation Agent Card.
Must have reliable transportation and be available to travel to various locations if needed. Travel may be required on a local, regional, or national level for cultivation activities and or to attend conferences/workshops related to the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand, use hands, and to talk or hear. Ability to stoop, bend over, lift to 50lbs, reach up high to grab and move inventory, carry item up/downstairs, climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time. The employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Prolonged sitting or standing may be required, 8 hours plus. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility normally associated with production will be performed on a repetitive basis. The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work under stressful conditions, as well as irregular hours, may be required. Exposure to odorous environment, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a warehouse/greenhouse environment may routinely be encountered.