Trimming and Testing Manager
Cultivation | Chambersburg, PA | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Trim and Testing Assistant Manager will be responsible for overseeing the process for trimming and testing, ensuring product is successfully trimmed and tested while maintaining quality and efficiency measures.
- Identify department needs and match them with skillsets of department personnel
- Schedule personnel as needed
- Maneuver personnel within department to accomplish department tasks based on priorities
- Hire new employees as business grows
- Set expectations and hold people accountable
- Train and help develop department personnel to acceptable levels
- Provide honest regular feedback to all department personnel
- Set proper example for department members to follow
- Develop a departmental culture consistent with the company culture
- Direct team to trim dry product
- Track the level of desired quality and quantity of product
- Maintain level of desired quantity of trimmed material
- Schedule and coordinate with testing laboratories
- Track and record what strain and volume of product for each test
- Manage pheno hunting for selected strains
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of complete set of specific rules determined by the law and by the commission
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with METRC as needed
- Accept and timely respond to all communications from the commission regarding compliance
- Be present, knowledgeable and in problem solving mode during all inspections
- Keep all supplies including trim supplies organized
- Continuously monitor inventory levels of all department supplies
- Maintain workspace in an organized and clean fashion
- Lead direct reports to clean trim room, dry rooms, grow rooms (during harvest) and all tools and supplies as directed
- Dispose of waste as directed by supervisor including tracking of waste
- Remain compliant with bio-security measures in the building
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members at all times
- Perform administrative duties when need be including data entry, data transmitting, phone answering, email answering and analysis and document production
- Work with passion towards the industry, company, customers, co-workers, partners and investors
- Maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude towards all work asked of you to complete
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.