Quality Control Coordinator
Cultivation | Taneytown, MD | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis companies in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate to join our Taneytown Cultivation/Processing Facility. Candidates must be a passionate team-member who strives to serve, respect, and advance our company standards. The Quality Control Coordinator will implement, maintain, and monitor all quality control processes from seed to sale. They will ensure product safety and standards, set by State regulatory bodies, are met. The candidate must be dedicated, thorough, and have strong business ethics. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role
Position success criteria:
All manufactured products have been deemed safe having passed appropriate standards and tests within a properly designed system
- Review manufacturing process to determine what quality control measures are appropriate for facility
- Create a comprehensive list of all items which should be included in a quality control system
- Design and install building wide quality control system ensuring all manufactured products have passed appropriate tests and are ready for sale
- Install any corrective actions necessary to ensure quality standards are met
- Design and participate in training needed to ensure quality standards are met
- Coordinate communication between departments regarding quality control including testing, scheduling, results and more
- Distribute reports as needed
- Coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment needed to effectively operate the department
- Install and maintain the proper software to properly run all quality control systems
- Learn various internal Inventory Control Systems including METRC
- Remain current and knowledgeable about quality control software systems and potential options
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of the complete set of specific rules and regulations determined by the law and by the commission
- Ensure department remains fully compliant
- Perform administrative duties when needed such as data entry, data transmitting, phone answering, communication drafting, etc.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the company to all team members at all times
- Attend and add value to team meetings
- Participate in strategic discussions about the company, direction, execution, etc.
- Engage in honest, innovative, problem-solving dialogue
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots, we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.