Quality Assurance/Control Manager
Cultivation | Chambersburg, PA | Full Time
Quality Assurance/Control Manager
Position Success Criteria:
The continuous and successful coordination of activities required to meet quality standards, including monitoring, and advising on quality performance measured against established key performance indicators. Products and materials are audited, inspected, and tested throughout the value stream to ensure all inputs/outputs are stable and sound. Quality initiatives are implemented smoothly and efficiently, and resources are provided such as training, tools, and techniques to empower the team to drive quality. Sampling and testing are performed to verify the quality of products and hardware before release to customers. External quality data is analyzed, and corrective action is taken where warranted. Internal and external customers are provided with inventive and reliable products and services that fully satisfy requirements and expectations. All team members understand the critical-to-quality elements of their job and proactive measures to prevent defects and deficiencies. Product quality is owned and embraced by all employees. The quality management system demonstrates quality assurance (QA) focused on process-oriented defect prevention and quality control (QC) focused on product-oriented defect identification and mitigation. Quality-related metric performance is at, or above, target.
- Review manufacturing process to determine what quality control measures are appropriate for facility – Define and customize the system to the current state
- Create and maintain comprehensive resource list of all items which should be included in a quality management system
- Design and install facility-wide quality control system ensuring all manufactured products have passed appropriate tests and are ready for sale
- Serve as the champion for product integrity
- Design and conduct quality training for the team (new hire, annual, refresher, etc.)
- Develop/revise/maintain standardized work tools (SOP, work instructions, etc.)
- Perform audits and analysis of processes IAW SOP and facilitate corrective actions
- Create, track and file daily/weekly/monthly startup, shutdown and sanitation checklists
- Perform in-line quality and finished good product inspections and spot-checks
- Co-own, develop and drive the Quality elements on team performance boards
- Support and audit the Calibration/TMDE program
- Create quality alerts and team stand-downs to address problems rapidly
- Lead and evaluate the pest control program
- Maintain toolbox of quality resources for inspection (scales, meters, etc.)
- Coordinate communication between departments regarding quality control including testing, scheduling, results and more
- Distribute reports as needed
- Coach and empower team members
- Coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment needed to effectively operate department
- Support inventory control functions, including assurance of raw, work-in-process and finished goods material tracking
- Support receipt inspection activities and engage purchasers and vendors concerning quality deficiencies
- Install and maintain the correct software to properly run all quality control systems
- Gain and maintain proficiency with inventory control systems including METRC and MJ Freeway
- Remain current and knowledgeable about quality control software systems and potential options
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of complete set of specific rules and regulations determined by Pennsylvania DOH and/or Maryland MMCC
- Ensure department remains fully compliant
- Perform administrative duties when needed such as data entry, data transmitting, phone answering, communication drafting, etc.
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members at all times
- Attend and add value to team meetings
- Participate in strategic discussions about company, direction, execution, etc.
- Engage in honest, innovative, problem-solving dialogue
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots, we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.