Post Processing Technician
Cultivation | Chambersburg, PA | Full Time
Post Processing Manager
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Post Processing Technician who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This newly created role will work to mass produce ultra-high purity cannabis oil using filtration and distillation techniques at maximum functionality and efficiency.
- Operate cannabis extraction equipment safely
- Create product in a mass production setting
- Perform the following types of cannabis oil extractions and filtrations: supercritical fluid extraction, closed loop extraction, simple distillation, short path distillation, wiped film distillation, fractional distillation, ethanol extraction, Inline and Büchner funnel filtrations
- Proficiently handle the following hazardous materials: Butane, propane, ethanol, pentane, isopropyl alcohol, critically hot material, cryogenic cold material
- Logging and reporting with METRC to ensure that all material is being tracked in accordance with state law
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must be proficient with computers
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 + years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state issued cultivation badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.