Post Processing Technician
Cultivation | Taneytown, MD | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Post Processing Technician who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
In this role, you will work to mass produce ultra high purity cannabis oil using filtration and distillation techniques at maximum functionality and efficiency.
Operate cannabis extraction equipment safely.
Conducts themselves safely and professionally.
Perform preparation and cleaning of equipment and workspace efficiently.
Create a product in a mass production setting.
Follows good manufacturing practice standards.
Work in hazardous environments and conditions.
Record data efficiently and effectively.
- Interact with Metrc, inventory systems, and reports to ensure that all material is being tracked in accordance with state law
- Logging and reporting as required by state law
- Preparing and cleaning equipment
- Operating distillation and filtration equipment
- Blend cannabis oils as needed for products like Torches
- Maintain extraction equipment and laboratory facility
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all materials, chemicals, and equipment used in the laboratory
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to laboratory equipment
- Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as record keeping
You will be required to perform the following types of cannabis oil extractions and filtrations;
supercritical fluid extraction
closed loop extraction
short path distillation
wiped film distillation
You must be able to proficiently handle the following hazardous materials;
critically hot material
cryogenic cold material
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- 2 years experience as a distillation technician
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must be proficient with computers
- A bachelor's degree in related science or engineering
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state-issued cultivation badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage. Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.