Dispensary | Gettysburg, PA | Part Time
Our Patient Counselors work to ensure excellent patient service, provide effective patient consultations, and ensure the distribution of only quality products to patients. The Patient Counselor assesses the individual needs of patients, provides superior product knowledge, and conducts sales transactions efficiently and accurately.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide excellent service for all patients
- Assess individual patient needs by asking patients questions regarding their medical conditions and symptoms, carefully listening to patient responses, and further clarifying as needed to determine what type of alternative care might support their conditions
- Process sale with accuracy
- Participate in continuous training on medical conditions, symptoms, and alternative healing therapies
- Always communicate with sensitivity and respect for patients, staff and visitors
- Ensure adherence to patient confidentiality guidelines as provided in employee training
- Address patient issues, utilizing the Patient Services Manager when appropriate
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Ensure departmental and dispensary compliance to internal, local and state policies
- Ensure adherence to hygiene and sanitation guidelines
- Ensure the accuracy of assigned cash register till
- Prevent the diversion of medical cannabis to anyone other than authorized patients
- Communicate regularly with the Patient Services Manager to satisfy department needs and patient feedback
- Maintain the overall appearance, organization and cleanliness of the department and service counter areas
- Attend daily pre-opening meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- One year or more prior experience in retail sales or similar environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical cannabis strains and applications
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer operating skills
- Basic math skills
- Passion to serve people with debilitating conditions
- Ability to obtain state approval to join the program
- Ability to pass a background check free of felonies
- Minimum age requirement: 21 years
- Prior experience working within the medical cannabis industry
- Prior experience working with medical patients
- Some college education
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Herbology we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, Herbology also provides a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Herbology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.