Cultivation | Chambersburg, PA | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Packager who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This newly created role will work to ensure that our product is successfully packaged while maintaining quality and achieving necessary efficiencies. This person will perform administrative duties when need be including data entry, data transmitting, phone answering, email answering and analysis and document production.
- Package product as directed and trained by supervisor
- Label packaging as directed by supervisor
- Fulfill orders as directed by supervisor
- Maintain level of desired quality while packaging and labeling
- Maintain level of desired quantity of packaged material
- Maintain level of desired quantity of fulfilled orders
- Count inventory as directed by supervisor
- Help maintain inventory records or raw material, packaged product and fulfilled orders
- Move inventory from room to room as directed by supervisor
- Dispose of waste as directed by supervisor including tracking of waste
- Remain compliant with biosecurity measures in the building
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of complete set of specific rules determined by the law and by the commission
- Experience in the medical cannabis industry desired.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain state approval, which includes passing an FBI and State background check free of felonies or drug related convictions
- Familiarity with warehouse procedures a plus
- Computer, mathematics, language, and reasoning skills
- Basic weights and measurement skills, ability to operate a scale
- Must have the ability to focus on a task for long periods of time, and have strong attention to detail
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required including sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Ability to use repetitive use of hands, wrists and forearms
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.