Lab Production Assistant
Cultivation | Taneytown, MD | Full Time
Grassroots is looking for a safety-minded production assistant for our Medical Cannabis Cultivation center in Taneytown, MD. This member of our team will assist in the lab with various tasks to create quality extractions. They must work with minimal oversight but be able to follow directions closely. They must also follow good manufacturing practices at all times and conduct themselves in a safe manor while practicing environmental awareness.
- Prepare equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Clean and maintain extraction equipment and laboratory facility
- Maintain strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment used in the laboratory
- Wash and sterilize laboratory glassware and sensitive equipment
- Perform clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word record keeping
- Perform general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials.
- Work at a fast pace in a high production environment
- Operate technical machinery
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks
- Perform general maintenance of equipment, tools and workspace
- Attend and add value to team meetings
- Participate in strategic discussions about company, direction, execution, etc.
- Engage in honest, innovative, problem solving dialogue
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members at all times
- Work with passion towards industry, company, customers, co-workers, partners and investors
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Computer literate and comfortable learning and using new software
- Experience with spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
- Extraction or lab experience a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check including criminal history check by the MD State Police and FBI
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug test
- Able to obtain an agent badge from the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC)
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to fluently read and write the English language
- Ability to follow directives issued verbally and in writing
This position reports to the Extraction Technician as well as to the facility's General Manager.
Grassroots Cannabis is a medical cannabis grower and processor with facilities in Illinois, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. We have gathered a team with the expertise needed to operate a successful safe, secure, and compliant medical cannabis organization. Grassroots is dedicated to providing dispensaries with premium and innovative products and strains that match the needs of their patients, and do so with unmatched reliability and service. All of our products come with the information and support to help patient counselors better understand our products, and serve their patients.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.