Cultivation | Taneytown, MD | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Kitchen Manager who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This position requires a level head, strong organizational skills, and able to handle high volume production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, carrying, sitting, and repetitive motions.
- Oversee mass production of products
- Help develop and execute the process of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Oversee inventory and other kitchen production supplies at the facility
- Maintain production logs, lab test results and QC retain samples.
- Responsible for maximizing the productivity of all kitchen staff
- Trains and develops the production kitchen team on proper execution
- Inspects kitchen equipment for cleanliness, hygiene, and monitors sanitation policies to abide by all state food safety and sanitation laws
- 5+ years’ of experience producing large quantities of product
- 3+ years of management experience in a commercial kitchen
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of conducting and assessing inventory
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Experience with delegating tasks and maintaining fast speed of service
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds, manage stairs, and perform typical cleaning of facilities and equipment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.