Cultivation | Litchfield, IL | Full Time
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a detail oriented kitchen manager who is experienced with candy production to lead our kitchen team at our cultivation center in Litchfield IL. Our ideal candidate has experience working in a food production facility/factory or small craft artisanal candy production facility. Proficiency in math will be required to accurately dose the products created.
- Implement WANNA’s SOPs and manage product launch from planning to fruition
- Must be able to manage daily production of edibles
- Put together and maintain a production schedule that meets the needs of the sales team
- Put together SOPs for daily and weekly operations that include - set up, break down, daily/weekly/monthly/annual/ cleaning schedules, food safety, and health code compliance
- Develop glide path and schedule for the launch of newly developed products and/or licensing agreements.
- Research and find cost-effective solutions and/or replacements for raw materials and equipment.
- Be able to lead, and inspire a team of employees that will tackle jobs, tasks, and projects with a sense of urgency.
- 3+ Years experience managing a large scale kitchen
- Experience in a food production facility/factory or small craft artisanal candy production facility desired
- Candy making experience and knowledge including understanding of sugar crystallization, caramel production, and chocolate tempering
- Bachelor's Degree or higher desired
- Computer literate and comfortable learning and using new software
- Experience with spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check including criminal history check by the IL State Police and FBI
- Able to obtain an agent badge from the Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to follow directives issued verbally and in writing
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Grassroots Cannabis is a medical cannabis grower and processor with facilities in Illinois, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and North Dakota. We have gathered a team with the expertise needed to operate a successful safe, secure, and compliant medical cannabis organization. Grassroots is dedicated to providing dispensaries with premium and innovative products and strains that match the needs of their patients, and do so with unmatched reliability and service. All of our products come with the information and support to help patient counselors better understand our products, and serve their patients.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.