Kitchen Edibles Cook
Cultivation | Litchfield, IL | Full Time
Kitchen Edibles Cook
We’re Grassroots, a cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for an Edibles Cook who can become an integral part of our organization and work in the kitchen where we produce our excellent lines of edibles products that disrupt the market and set us apart from the competition. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This role will answer to the Kitchen Manager and Kitchen Assistant Manager to maintain the gold standard of infused products, and follow operating procedures set forth by the Company. The Edibles Cook will execute operations pertaining to cooking edibles and meeting production deadlines, quotas, and following all rules and laws set by the Company and governing bodies to ensure we maintain compliant practices.
- Producing cannabis infused edibles while maintaining the strict laws and guidelines set by the government to ensure all product is manufactured within the confines of the law.
- Maintaining correct sanitation for work areas, sanitation logs, checking for any possible health code violations and mitigating the risk of cross contamination.
- Meeting set production deadlines by working efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Operating PH meter to monitor acidity levels of gummy production.
- Test humidity with humidity readers, log temperature and RH and monitor daily.
- Check products and pull random samples to monitor quality and consistency.
- Monitor dates and schedule destruction accordingly
- Checking in and receiving all raw product and ensuring dates and quality are acceptable.
- Checking labels and dates on all inventory.
- Updating and maintaining production records
- Basic understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintain relevant training as new products are introduced.
- Carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the Kitchen Manager or Kitchen Assistant Manager.
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours.
- Must have great attendance.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of conducting and assessing inventory
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds, manage stairs, and perform typical cleaning of facilities and equipment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage. Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.