Cultivation | Litchfield, IL | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis plant we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Grower who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
The Grower will engage in all aspects of growing quality cannabis flower, such as propagation, fertigation, canopy manipulation, and plant health care.
- Grow, harvest and track cannabis flower
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedure (SOP’s)
- Safely and effectively assemble, disassemble, use, operate, clean and maintain equipment, tools, materials, production systems and facilities
- Adhere to sanitation program and all plant health care procedures
- Monitor and document plant health and growth, along with physical and biological environmental conditions, such as temperature, water, light, CO2, nutrients, pH, pests and beneficial organisms.
- Document, assess, evaluate and enhance your work performance and horticultural professionalism
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes typical of an Associates of Applied Science degree in production horticulture, however acquired
- Previous commercial horticultural plant production experience
- Commitment to encouraging and facilitating the learning and professional development of others
- Excellent organizational, communication, record-keeping and collaborative work skills.
- Rigorous attention to safety and to detail in skilled & precision work.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to effectively complete strenuous and often repetitive physical work activities for an extended period
- Knowledge of cannabis horticulture or agriculture is a plus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.