Cultivation | Litchfield, IL | Full Time
Grow Techs assist in the production of medical cannabis in a large-scale warehouse. They perform all tasks needed throughout the cycle of the grow to ensure development and evolution of quality products. All tasks and duties are to be performed while operating under the standards our company has established for compliance and professionalism.
- Perform all tasks throughout the cycle of the grow including: cloning (asexual reproduction), transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management
- Maintain grow warehouse protocols and nutrient regiment
- Manage cannabis plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs via transplanting, pruning and fertilizing with oversight from the department managers
- Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep garden green and expenses low
- Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting
- Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Maintain a clean sanitized and organized work environment
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary
- Collaborate with management staff to provide timely reporting to owners.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with a commercial cannabis, Agricultural, or landscaping facility/company preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred, though a strong agricultural background may be considered
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, humidity manipulation, air flow, etc.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Knowledge of different strains of cannabis and their unique growing demands desired
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Must be proficient with computers
- Experience with Seed-to-Sale programs or POS programs a plus
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state issued cultivation badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties