Cultivation | Taneytown, MD | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Grow Technician who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
In this role you will work to assist in the production of medical cannabis in a large-scale warehouse. Perform all tasks needed throughout the cycle of the grow to ensure development and evolution of quality products. All tasks and duties are to be performed while operating under the standards our company has established for compliance and professionalism.
- Perform all tasks throughout the cycle of the grow including: cloning (asexual reproduction), transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal, and inventory management
- Maintain grow warehouse protocols and nutrient regiment
- Manage cannabis plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs via transplanting, pruning and fertilizing with oversight from the department managers
- Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep garden green and expenses low
- Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting
- Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Maintain a clean sanitized and organized work environment
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary
- Collaborate with management staff to provide timely reporting to owners.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with a commercial cannabis, Agricultural, or landscaping facility/company preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred, though a strong agricultural background may be considered
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, humidity manipulation, air flow, etc.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Knowledge of different strains of cannabis and their unique growing demands desired
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Must be proficient with computers
- Experience with Seed-to-Sale programs or POS programs a plus
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state-issued cultivation badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.