Facilities and Maintenance Tech
Cultivation | Taneytown, MD | Full Time
We’re Grassroots, a cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We also care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Facilities and Maintenance Tech who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
In this role you will work to monitor and maintain the facility and equipment within a large-scale cultivation warehouse. All tasks and duties are to be performed while operating under the standards our company has established for compliance and professionalism. This individual may be called upon to assist in other department or perform additional duties, as needed.
Equipment and infrastructure
- Learn the complete functionality of each piece of equipment and system in the facility
- Understand all controls within facility including security, HVAC, plumbing, electric, fertigation, and CO2
- Trouble shoot issues with each piece of equipment and system in the building, including knowledge of shut off valves and controls associated with the process
- Perform miscellaneous carpentry, electrical, and plumbing repairs
- Maintain workspace including proper organization of all tools and department supplies
- Learn the Johnson Controls systems and all alarms associated with such
- Properly understand maintenance requirements of each piece of equipment and system in the facility
- Contribute to proper execution of maintenance contracts as needed with capable sub-contractors
- Assist with pest control, snow removal, lawn care, propane re-filling, CO2 refilling, etc.
- Assist with capex and repair projects
- Perform daily checks of all grow rooms assuring functionality of lighting, fertigation, and grow tables.
- Clean all fertigation filters weekly
- Participate in biannual filter changes to HVAC units.
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of complete set of specific rules and regulations determined by the law and by the commission
- Work with various departments to ensure entity remains 100% compliant
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Willingness to promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state-issued cultivation badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
- Must be able to stand, kneel and lay down while performing duties.
- Must be able to comfortably and safely work on ladders.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.