Cultivation Associate - (Temp)
Cultivation | Litchfield, IL | Temporary
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
We are looking for a driven candidate to join one of our many cultivation sites. This associate is a motivated, friendly and passionate team member who assists in every day-to-day responsibility throughout the retail space. The is a person who strives provide a genuine experience to customers with professionalism, poise and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role. The associate will support the cultivation operations.
- Train for and adapt to several roles in the facility to meet day-to-day requirements: assisting team with grow operations, facilitating safety measures at all times, assisting various departments with any projects, and sanitary management are areas of proficiency.
- Maintain an overall clean and organized environment to assist fellow staff members
- Taking on a multi-faceted role (i.e. helping with trimming, harvesting, drying, curing, packaging, etc)
- Assist team members with laborious tasks
- Adhere to and promote a culture of compliance as it pertains to state and company regulations.
- Assist and support team members with positivity and proactivity in all day-to-day matters.
- Managing time and respecting protocol under fast-paced retail conditions are a must.
- Respect rules, guidelines and company standards at all times.
- Familiarity with IL Medical Cannabis Program rules and regulations.
- Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check and any other requirement listed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to stand, sit, or conduct manual labor for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable with lifting heavy material
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members and managers.
- Efficacy with technology and inventory tracking systems.
- A passion for cannabis that is translatable to a diverse group of ages, ethnicities and professionals.
- Arranges and maintains boxes and product in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintains facility protocol and abides by the regulations of the facility as mandated by the state
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Support and contribute to the overall goals of the facility.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
- Able to meet goals under tight time constraints.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers and management.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots, we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.