Dispensary | Gaithersburg, MD | Full Time
We are looking for a customer service-oriented and driven candidate to join us as the Clinical Director for our Maryland Herbology dispensaries. The Clinical Director is a motivated, friendly and passionate team member who assists in day-to-day responsibility throughout the retail space. The Clinical Director is a person who strives to make great product recommendations and provide a genuine experience to patients with professionalism, poise, and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role. The Clinical Director transcends cannabis culture by introducing a fresh approach to using cannabis for experienced customers, and newcomers alike.
- Responsible for creating a curriculum and training agents on all subjects outlined in MMC program regulations, and tracking yearly training requirements.
- Responsible for educating and providing outreach and support to patients and caregivers in-person, electronically, via phone, or at planned events.
- Train for and adapt to several roles in the dispensary to meet day-to-day requirements: waiting room service, consultation service, checkout service, and inventory management are areas of proficiency.
- Demonstrate high-level product knowledge while remaining translatable to seasoned cannabis veterans and brand-new patients alike.
- Adhere to and promote a culture of compliance as it pertains to state and company regulations.
- Assist in conducting nightly and monthly inventory audits in accordance with company and state guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory, and effectively respond to discrepancies.
- Prepare and effectively lead state inspectors through unannounced inspections.
- Maintain records for all necessary documents: delivery and inventory manifests, nightly and monthly inventory counts, necessary employee, and patient/customer information, log books, inventory adjustments, and destruction reports.
- Assist and support team members with positivity and proactivity in all day-to-day matters.
- Managing time and respecting protocol under fast-paced retail conditions are a must.
- Master point-of-sale systems and assist in inventory management.
- Respect rules, guidelines and company standards at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all MD Medical Cannabis Program rules and regulations.
- Frequently lift, move, or carry store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally ascending/descending ladders or stairs.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist Technician in the state of Maryland, with an active unrestricted license in good standing
- 2+ years of retail pharmacy experience preferred
- Must be proficient with computers and POS systems
- Working knowledge of inventory and sales reports
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Herbology we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with profound respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Herbology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.