VOD Mapper : Sunday - Thursday 10:30pm - 7am Shift
Content - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a VOD Mapper to map cable, network, and original online program Id’s from various sources to the correct Gracenote record, create multiple database records and maintain accurate database information for timely use in all products.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Analyze program information provided by sources, assess database information and map Id’s correctly.
- Create program database records; including population of title, description, cast and appropriate links
- Review and match online video links to correct Gracenote programs
- Monitor receipt of new assets and alert management to potential issues.
- Research and note missing program content; consult program information providers and/or Gracenote database editors when needed.
- Consistently meet turn-around time agreements.
- Provide cross-source coverage to create an independent team.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of files as well as assists with implementation of new clients
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have keyboarding and Windows, Excel & G Suite proficiency.
- Strong working knowledge of content standards and procedures or ability to learn it.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- AP Stylebook knowledge preferred.
- Spanish/French skills a plus, but not required
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.