Video On Demand Mapper, Sun-Wed
Content - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry! Gracenote is an information and technology provider powering the world’s top services and companies with leading databases of TV, movie, music and sports metadata. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Google, Spotify, M-GO and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies such as LG, Comcast and DirecTV, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota all over the world. Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries that share a true passion for data. Every day, Gracenote’s technology serves billions of requests to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Simply put, we help people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love.
We are presently looking for a Ingest Editor - VOD/OVD Mappings to be based in our Queensbury, NY Office
In this role you will:
- Analyze program information provided by different sources and map those IDs to the correct Gracenote record.
- Create program database records as needed, including population of title, description, cast, ratings and other appropriate details.
- Review and match online video links to correct Gracenote programs.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with programming information providers and stations.
Requirements / Skills:
- Solid knowledge of grammar and spelling, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A background in journalism, copy writing or translation is a plus.
- High quality focused individual with high level of attention to details.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadlines.
- Must have keyboarding and Windows/Gsuite proficiency
- Must be organized and possess the ability of setting priorities.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.