Video Discovery Product Manager
Product - Video | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Video Discovery Product Manager:
An ideal candidate will have 3+ years of technical product management experience and a proven track record of end-to-end ownership and delivering results.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Take ownership of Gracenote’s new offering in video discovery. Work closely with clients/prospects to understand their business problems and meld that into a clear product vision that delivers a world class solution to the market.
- As the product owner, partner with internal engineering teams, external partners and internal stakeholders to prioritize and deliver your compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision.
- Work closely with UX and engineering to deliver a simple intuitive user experiences for our B2B users of the solution.
- Become the video personalization SME for Pay TV operators and smart device manufacturer clients.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- Strong passion for TV/Movie content and how to use to personalization to drive the best experience for a client’s subscribers.
- Experience collaborating with a UX Designer to create the optimal solution for your users.
- Comfortable with XML, JSON and REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Technical Product Manager: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Search and Recommendation solutions for Pay TV operators and smart device manufacturer clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption.
- Experience working with external partners where you don’t own the entire solution.
- Development experience with structured entertainment databases a plus.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.