Internal Application: Vice President Sales, Europe
Sales | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Job Description VICE PRESIDENT SALES, EUROPE
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
The Vice President Sales, Europe will direct a sales organization that drives revenue for Gracenote’s full line of entertainment products and services in Europe. Responsible for a substantial portion of Gracenote’s gross annual revenue to customers across major markets and regions, the VP will be accountable for continued revenue growth, client base growth, market share growth, and customer retention.
This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and will regularly collaborate with the Gracenote C-Level executives, Product GM’s, Business Development, Finance and HR Teams on European revenue strategy, partnership opportunities, strategic initiatives and scaling/ optimizing the sales organization to meet annual sales objectives.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Manage, lead and support the European Sales team to ensure sales, revenue and profit goals are met for all European market segments.
- Develop and implement competitive sales pricing and marketing strategies that allow Gracenote to compete and win in the European marketplace.
- Hire, train, and motivate competitive, high-performing, consultative salespeople in support of short and long term European sales objectives. Champion internal growth, provide training, support and coaching.
- Monitor pending cancellation activity and implement strategies to ensure customer retention.
- Develop and implement programs for improving and monitoring sales performance and productivity.
- Identify new business opportunities and improve current products by maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry trends and competitive threats.
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive product development and continuous improvement; coordinate targeted marketing campaigns; set customer service policies and strategies; define commission policies and product rate cards.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Proven track record of sales leadership and revenue execution within the media services / metadata space at the $100 Million + volume level.
- 5+ years of executive level sales leadership of highly competitive sales organizations, and an additional 10+ year’s sales leadership experience of high performance digital sales teams.
- Track record of strategic sales thought leadership combined with exceptional tactical execution.
- Exceptional executive poise, communication, leadership, presentation, time management, multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Proven ability to build, lead and develop world class sales teams. With emphasis on recognizing and growing talent from within.
- Solid track record of good business judgment and instincts.
- Proficiency with salesforce.com a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- The ability to travel as required.
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.