Vice President, Global Sourcing & Data Acquisition
Content - Video | Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Vice President, Global Sourcing & Data Acquisition.
When you join the Gracenote team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Vice President, Global Sourcing & Data Acquisition you will be responsible for evaluating internal data needs and establishing and building relationships with key regional and global Video, Music and Sports metadata providers, with the goal of obtaining provider content that will be incorporated within Gracenote’s metadata rich entertainment search and discovery data products.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Develop a deep understanding of Gracenote’s global product portfolio and data gaps in the current offerings
- Create the global strategy for obtaining Content that addresses current needs as well as positions Gracenote to expand its data coverage via paid and unpaid Source relationships
- Lead build vs. buy discussions to determine best course to obtain data
- Create plans to identify and evaluate external providers, taking into consideration data quality, coverage, cost, etc.
- Establish strong relationships with key Source providers in all current and future Gracenote markets
- Establish strong executive-level relationships within key sources
- Develop the Gracenote Sourcing narrative, highlighting the benefits of providing Gracenote with content
- Compare and rank providers to determine the best fit for Gracenote
- Track and maintain a database of key regional and global content providers and key contacts within for both short and long-term relevance to Gracenote
- Negotiate and enter into agreements with providers that best address current needs
- Evaluate/re-evaluate current agreements to ensure relevancy, utilization and value to the organization
- Evaluate and reduce paid data costs, while improving data breadth and quality
- Position Gracenote as a thought leader in terms of entertainment data content sourcing
- Bachelor degree required. MBA desired
- 15+ years of experience within the entertainment metadata space and deep understanding of the delivery ecosystem
- Documented success in sales or business development and a deep understanding of the sales process lifecycle
- Executive-level relationship building skills and the ability to sell the Gracenote vision to current and prospective sources
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proven track record in leading a global and geographically dispersed team
- Deep understanding of content, metadata and streaming technologies
- Executive level communication, presentation and cross-functional collaboration skills
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.