Internal Application: Translation Editor
Content - Video | Mumbai, India | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Translation Editor
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Must be a graduate in any field
- Must be able to read, write and understand Hindi
- Must be able to read and understand English and translate the required data into their respective multilingual language
- Must be able to transliterate the required metadata from English into their respective multilingual language
- The job will require working in the night shift and on weekends. The leave policy will be rotational.
- Must be passionate about watching TV serials and movies in the specialist language
- Must possess adequate research skills
- Must keep themselves updated with the latest news, especially on social networks, related to television and cinema
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Must be able to understand translation concerns for multilingual data
- Must be able to understand the cultural context of the language
- Must be able to avoid using the same language available online
- Must be ready to put in extra hours during crunched timelines and work under tight deadlines
- Must ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.