Technical Product Manager
Personalization Content & Product | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Gracenote’s Video Personalization team is looking for a Technical Product Manager to be responsible for defining requirements and key success factors for a number of products in the personalization vertical, working with sales and the partnership team to define requirements and working closely with PMO and engineering to execute on them. The candidate for this position must possess a strong understanding of ACR, preferably with relevant experience and expertise in the consumer electronics, media and entertainment or advertising industries. Working within Gracenote, the candidate must be capable of project management, product rollout and training, and the attainment of assigned goals.
If you excel at working cross-functionally to execute on product vision and turning problems into solutions, we would love to hear from you! Our ideal candidate has a strong background in the technology industry, is exceptionally well organized, and thrives in managing long term projects involving multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
We’re a highly motivated and entrepreneurial group inside Gracenote, so we’re looking for someone who loves converting vision and theory into tangible reality. If that sounds like you, please reach out!
- Create product strategy and roadmap
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for engineering
- Work with Sales and Partnerships to evaluate, document, and prioritize requirements from both internal and external sources
- Work closely with PMO and Engineering to create release plan and deliver on requirements
- Define and track key metrics for product success.
- Own communications and updates to internal stakeholders
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Own product documentation for internal and external consumption
- Understand market landscape, including main competitors offerings and create ongoing benchmark of how Gracenote stacks up against the competition.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis and product management
- Experienced in B2B and B2B2C products
- Familiarity with Hive, Spark, Hadoop and Elastic Search
- Ability to run SQL queries on Hive or with Spark SQL
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Technology/engineering acumen a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Travel: 10%
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.