Technical Account Manager
Project Management (PMO) / Customer Success | Shanghai, China | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager to support our product offerings and business development initiatives in China and manage customer activities. These activities require extensive integration and development support, and require working with internal cross-functional technical groups as well as external customer business and engineering teams. Proactively engage all aspects of the customer-software development life cycle: design, development, implementation, testing, launch, and maintenance. Manage and/or support Gracenote headquarters interaction, customer deliverables and related schedules for Gracenote Customer implementations. The Technical Account Manager will do this while working closely with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and other Gracenote teams internationally.
In this role you will
- Act as primary interface to customers and be involved in the full customer lifecycle from sales, implementation to post-launch with a goal to build and grow long-term relationships with technical decision makers and key stakeholders by helping customers be successful in new product deployments and increase revenue and retention.
- Drive customer solution requirement gathering, gap analysis and technical due diligence efforts, while recommending and driving technical best practices, internally and externally, ensuring customer projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Engage regularly and proactively to identify risks, assess health, and explore opportunities to expand and deepen customer relationships
- Key interface with other Gracenote product, engineering, PMO, and content teams involved in the delivery of complex customer solutions.
- Review and/or provide input for sample source code, and create and analyze sample export data.
- Lead technical kick-off meetings to ensure customer expectations are properly set and internal teams are aligned.
- Provide strategic technical feed back to Gracenote product and engineering teams in order to ensure product capabilities match customer requirements and to help drive product and technical roadmaps.
- Ensure accuracy of customer project dashboards, detailing high-profile projects, key dates, project milestones, target ship dates, issues, etc. for management visibility.
- Prepare detailed and accurate Statements of Work, driving internal cross-functional sign-off and customer agreement.
- Deliver technical presentations and demos at customer sites and industry trade shows.
- Assist in the development of Gracenote technology and product knowledge base by developing and implementing best practices, identifying common technical questions, and supporting the creation of other collateral aimed at educating customers and easing implementation efforts.
- Maintain excellent technical product knowledge on Gracenote’s automotive and music product portfolio.
For this role we are looking for Individuals who have
- Native level written and spoken Chinese language skills and business level English language for international communication
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work autonomously within all levels of management
- Possess natural curiosity and proven leadership with the ability to work and influence at all levels of management
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Five years of technical account management experience or the equivalent- especially within automotive infotainment and embedded technology space
- Experience in automotive industry, or supporting customers who develop products for automotive industry is a plus – ex. Delphi, Harman, Hyundai, Chang’an Automobile Group, etc..
- Ability to work independently and proactively, practicing good judgment in managing technical project priorities and workflows
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with excellent follow-through regarding project tasks and open issues
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to read/write C/C++ and Java or other scripting computer language
- Experience working with structured data (including XML), Web-based API’s, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, internal workflow tools, and other collaboration tools
- International experience a plus, as is experience working with remote and dispersed international teams
- The ability to travel in China, USA and, occasionally, internationally (travel expected up to ~25% of total time)
Our passion for TV, video, music and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. Gracenote has the soul of a small company, with the stability of a global leader. Not to mention, the biggest data, and coolest technology. So if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of entertainment technology then please contact us today!